The Joint Commission is an independent, not-for-profit organization that credits and certifies health care organizations and programs in the United States. It is a symbol of quality that reflects an organization’s commitment to meeting certain performance standards.
Eight Select Medical Rehabilitation Hospitals hold 10 Joint Commission Disease accreditations, including: stroke, brain injury and amputee.
- Baylor Scott & White Rehabilitation Hospital, Fort Worth (Stroke)
- Baylor Scott & White Rehabilitation Hospital, Dallas (Stroke)
- Baylor Scott & White Rehabilitation Hospital, Frisco (Stroke)
- Baylor Scott & White Rehabilitation Hospital, Lakeway (Stroke)
- Denton Rehabilitation Hospital (Stroke, Amputee)
- Emory Rehabilitation Hospital (Stroke, Brain Injury)
- Helen M. Simpson Rehabilitation Hospital (Stroke)
- SSM Health Rehabilitation Hospital (Stroke)
Additionally, all of Select Medical’s critical illness recovery hospitals are accredited by The Joint Commission. The only exception is Select Specialty Hospital – Hampton Roads which is Det Norske Veritas (DNV) accredited.
Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities (CARF) is a non-profit accreditor of health and human services. Providers that meet CARF standards have demonstrated their commitment to being among the best available. Accreditation also demonstrates a provider's commitment to enhance its performance, manage its risk, and distinguish its service delivery.
Twelve Select Medical Rehabilitation Hospitals hold 22 CARF accreditations, in the following categories: stroke, spinal cord injury, brain injury, amputee and outpatient services.
- California Institute for Rehabilitation (Stroke, Spinal Cord Injury)
- HonorHealth Rehabilitation Hospital (Stroke)
- Kessler Institute for Rehabilitation, West Orange (Stroke, Spinal Cord Injury, Brain Injury, Amputee)
- Kessler Institute for Rehabilitation, Chester (Stroke, Brain Injury, Amputee)
- Kessler Institute for Rehabilitation, Saddle Brook (Stroke, Brain Injury, Amputee)
- Kessler Institute for Rehabilitation, Marlton (Stroke)
- OhioHealth Rehabilitation Hospital (Stroke)
- Penn State Health Rehabilitation Hospital (Stroke)
- SSM Health Rehabilitation Hospital, Bridgeton (Stroke)
- SSM Health Rehabilitation Hospital, Richmond Heights (Stroke)
- SSM Health Rehabilitation Hospital, Lake St. Louis (Stroke)
- West Gables Rehabilitation Hospital (Stroke, Brain Injury, Outpatient)
The U.S. News Best Hospitals analysis reviews hospitals' performance in adult and pediatric clinical specialties, procedures and conditions. Scores are based on several factors, including survival, patient safety, nurse staffing and more.
Select Medical’s Kessler Institute for Rehabilitation has been ranked a top hospital for adult rehabilitation for 26 consecutive years, from 1992-2018.
The Mid-Atlantic Alliance for Performance Excellence (MAAPE), a Baldrige-based awards program serves Pennsylvania, New Jersey and Delaware. MAAPE is a not-for-profit corporation that helps all types of organizations improve their performance and outcomes, including productivity, workforce engagement, competitiveness, and customer and stakeholder satisfaction.
Select Medical’s Critical Illness Recovery Hospital Division was the recipient of the 2018 Recognition Award.
Our critical illness recovery hospitals perform at:
· 90% at or above average on the National Healthcare Safety Network (NHSN) Catheter-Associated Urinary Tract Infection (CAUTI) Outcome Measure
· 97% at or above average on the NHSN Facility-wide Inpatient Hospital-onset Clostridium Difficile Infection (CDI) Outcome Measure
· 90% at or above average on the long-term acute care data set quality measure percent of residents/patients with new or worsened pressure ulcers
(Source: CMS LTCH Hospital Compare Measures, January 1-December 31, 2017)