Our post-trauma neurological teams provide advanced treatment for patients with complex brain injuries. Select Medical's Critical Illness Recovery hospitals monitor these individuals 24/7 as they progress through a customized care plan.
At this stage, the team’s primary focus is to medically support and stabilize patients as well as prepare them for transfer to a rehabilitation hospital. That’s where they will continue on the path to meaningful recovery.
An individualized treatment plan may benefit patients experiencing:
Anoxic brain injury
Spinal cord injury
Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS)
We make recovery possible
Our Critical Illness Recovery Hospitals manage a range of physical and functional issues patients face, including mobility, speech and cognition.
Our multidisciplinary team is led by a physician, and includes nurses; physical, occupational and respiratory therapists; speech language pathologists; pharmacists; case managers and other clinical and support staff, as needed.
Treatment is tailored to individual needs that help:
- Restore or maintain physical abilities
- Build strength and endurance
- Improve balance and mobility
- Improve speech and swallowing
- Enhance skills to perform daily activities
- Manage pain, spasticity or other complications
- Manage medications
- Gain compensatory strategies
- Adjust to any social, emotional or behavioral changes
- Optimize independence
We help manage disease progressions, and relapses, should they occur.